Time intelligence measures include useful numbers like Quarter to Date, Year Over Year, Rolling 52 Week Averages, & so forth. In this demo heavy presentation Brian Grant, the DAX Demystifier, will walk you through setting up your own Time Intelligence measures & show you how they work mechanically.|
Brian will dig into the DAX language & show you how to use it to solve common business problems.
* Why the built in Time Intelligence functions are less useful than they look
* How tables are at the root of all DAX calculations
* The key pattern of Hint, Override, Calculate that you will use over & over again
* How variables can simplify your code & make it more reusable
* How to harness & build special measures to peek inside the cells & see where the numbers are coming from
Programming experience is absolutely NOT required, though being familiar with intermediate Excel formulas (or SQL) is very helpful.
Brian Grant is with CSG Pro.