This event is for beginners who want to start learning the basics of programming with Python.
In part one we will cover: Getting started with programmingOverview of careers using python
We'll jump into coding & cover the Python syntax & programming concepts for: - Variables - Strings - Numbers - Lists - Dictionaries - Conditionals - Loops We'll then put things we just learned together to solve a classic computer science problem together
Return for part two where we will cover: - Functions - Scopes - Working with libraries
We'll put together what we learned making useful code we can re-use on different datasets
How to Prepare:
- Install Google Chrome (any modern browser should work):https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/
- Sign up for a Google account if you don't already have one (We will be using an online code editor by Google)
- Have the Zoom Client for Video Meetings installed well before the webinar begins: https://zoom.us/download
Taught live online:
- 2 Hours - 5:30pm - 7:30pm Pacific Time
- Link to join the workshop will be provided to you once you RSVP.
We look forward to meeting you virtually!
Galvanize is premiere dynamic learning community for technology. With campuses located in booming technology sectors throughout the country, Galvanize provides a community for each the following:
Education - part-time & full-time training in web development, data science, & data engineering
Workspace - whether you're a freelancer, startup, or established business, we provide beautiful spaces with a community dedicated to supporting your company's growth
Networking - events in the tech industry happen constantly in our campuses, ranging from popular Meetups to multi-day international conferences
To learn more about Galvanize, visithttps://www.galvanize.com/
Data Science Bootcamp:https://www.galvanize.com/data-science-bootcamp
Software Engineering Bootcamp:https://www.galvanize.com/web-development