Power Query is available in multiple products today (Power BI, Excel, Analysis Services, etc.) & serves an important role in cleansing & combining data from diverse sources.
Business Intelligence expert Joel Champagne will walk through two specific examples:
1) Aggregating IoT data (in JSON), passing through Analysis Services, & ultimately into a SQL Server data warehouse, and
2) Combining data from nearly 100 different Excel files (of various formats), using Power BI, SSIS, & finally, SQL Server.
You'll learn how to use Power Query to:
* Cleanse data from diverse data sources
* Transform data from hierarchical to tabular formats
* Use drag-and-drop until you can't - & then switch to Power Query
* Create Formula Language (M)
* And much more!
Joel Champagne has worked as a consultant, product developer, & architect for 25 years. With his deepest roots in SQL & BI, he's spoken at a number of SQL Server user groups & events. He's a 2018 C# Corner MVP, with many online articles & videos. You'll get links to his content & blog during the session.