Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, weve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital & helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why weve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role...
The Policygenius Editorial Team is dedicated to making complex personal finance topics easy to understand & fun to read about! The Editorial Partnerships Manager will pitch our content to major publishing outlets & build out strong content distribution channels. This role will report to the Senior Media Relations Manager.
- Strategically prospect for new or grow existing syndication partnerships & distribution opportunities
- Engage with potential partners via phone & email, consistently communicating with a sense of urgency
- Contribute to strategic initiative projects (i.e. new product, new channel, etc.) via analytics, research, consumer insights, etc.
- Develop & manage relationships with journalists, partners & other external contacts
- Establish, track & report on KPIs, while routinely meeting or exceeding goals
- A Bachelors degree & at least 3+ years experience in media/public relations, communications, journalism or similar field
- A proven track record of building a syndication network and/or strong relationships with major news organizations & finance blogs
- A wide network of contacts in publishing & media who you communicate with regularly
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to build positive relationships with others to gain buy-in & achieve business results
- Extreme attention to detail & organizational skills
- Excitement about joining a fast-growing startup
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)