Digital Art & NFTs | Curation Lead
Over the last 20 years, 1stDibs has established itself as the destination for rare & collectible design by artisans & manufacturers all over the world, but were always thinking about the next initiative to connect artists & creators of all mediums with collectors & enthusiasts. In this Curations Lead role, youll own the curation & editorial point of view of the digital art initiative to drive success on 1stDibs. Youll take a hands-on approach to cultivating this perspective & be proactive in identifying new strategic opportunities for building this voice within the ecosystem. This includes working closely with our business & engineering teams to analyze trends, writing the curation playbook, & liaising with other 1stDibs teams to find ways to better support our digital art category initiatives.
This will be a part-time, three month role with the possibility of extension.
What youll do:
- Join as an early member of the growing digital art & NFT team at 1stDibs, supporting our business & engineering leads
- Own the playbook for curating our digital art initiative by:
- Identify & iterate on the criteria for new creators to join the platform
- Generate & publish original, creative content across social platforms that speak to the 1stDibs category & engage creators & collectors
- Support onboarding & engage with creators to inform the voice of the platform
- Identify & execute on new opportunities for creator growth
- Collaborate with creators, collectors, & users to support user-generated content & activities
- Continually engage within the broader NFT community to inform our perspective across:
- Quality art & design both in digital & non-digital spaces
- Emerging trends & themes
- Meaningful opportunities for partnering with institutions, organizations, & thought leaders
- Serve as external-facing 1stDibs leader to community members & internal advocate for the needs of the category
- Be a cross-functional thought partner in developing processes to best service the digital art community
What youll bring:
- 5+ years of professional experience, with 2+ years of curatorial experience in art
- Experience in the crypto art or digital art space
- Experience writing creative content
- Thrives in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment & works autonomously with minimal direction
- Has an affinity for social digital platforms: Twitter, Discord, Instagram, Reddit, etc.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills including: empathic listening & an ability to quickly synthesize information across technical & non-technical topics
- Strong professional presence & ability to connect with external leaders, decision makers, & collaborators at all levels of an organization
- Project management experience, with the ability to lead & handle multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects on deadline
- Strong ability to receive feedback & pivot priorities as the teams needs evolve
- Team player with strong intrapersonal skills
- Creative, analytical & strategic thinker
- Consistently described as collaborative, creative, flexible, & fast learning
- Deep passion for digital creators
- Desire to innovate in new & emerging technologies
- A self-starter mindset with a bias towards action
- Bachelor's degree in art history, fine art, & journalism majors preferred
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.