As a QA Engineer on the Video Platform team, it will be your mission to ensure Vimeo's video playback meets the highest standards possible on all platforms & in all geographic regions.
What youll do:
- Work alongside several different engineers & support teams across the video & product platform.
- Develop a deep understanding of Vimeo's video serving stack - especially our embedded player.
- Constantly evaluate video playback performance via metrics & manual testing.
- Troubleshoot complex video playback issues on multiple platforms.
- Build & improve automated (and manual) testing suites across multiple teams & products.
- Work closely with CDN providers to roll out new features & troubleshoot issues.
- Cross-device integration testing.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Experience writing & debugging software.
- Empathy for how users interact with products.
- Excellent communication, documentation & collaboration skills.
- Strong independent drive & problem solving mentality.
- Experience with testing on Web, Android, iOS, macOS, & TV Platforms.
- Background in data driven measurement of success.
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience with media encoding/playback (ie. Media Source Extensions, ffmpeg)
- Experience with automated testing tooling (ie. Selenium, Browserstack, Karma, Webdriver, Casper)
- Data driven approaches (ie. A/B testing, KPIs)
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.