Who we are & what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, & survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious & enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved & well known throughout the worldover 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure & understand feedback from employees, customers, website & app users, & the market. And our enterprise-grade products & solutions help 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challengesfrom delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
More about the Content Strategy team
Our team works with designers, product managers, & support teams to ensure customers have the information they needfrom the UI to the help center. We write for a broad audience, from individual consumers to large Enterprise organizations, across our suite of Surveys, Market Research, & CX products. You will report to the manager of the Help Center team.
What we're looking for
You'll be focused on writing friendly content for the help center about how to use our products, explaining complex concepts simply, & driving projects that address top customer issues. Our help center is a crucial part of our customer support strategy as our company grows. We're looking for an experienced writer who's passionate about making people's lives easier.
You'll offer a content strategy perspective throughout the product development process, work with UX writers, & influence strategic decisions that improve the customer experience. Join our trusted & growing team as we shape content strategy at SurveyMonkey!
- Write in SurveyMonkey voice & tone & contribute to style guidelines
- Turn complex ideas into simple, direct & human content
- Prioritize inclusivity, accessibility, & localization
- Track product launches, understand constraints, & keep the help center up-to-date
- Peer-review content written by teammates & provide clear feedback
- Thoughtfully explain content decisions & how words solve problems
- Work with many partners across teams to ensure content meets needs
- Use feedback & metrics to improve content quality & prioritize work
- Identify opportunities to improve self-service & product engagement
- 2+ years help center, knowledge management, or equivalent experience
- Experience working on enterprise, business collaboration, or SaaS tools a plus
- Strong editing skills, making text shorter, friendlier, & easier to understand
- Deep knowledge of help centers, FAQs, & self-service content
- Comfortable solving complex problems & prioritizing between multiple projects
- Experience working with autonomy & navigating changing timelines
- Knack for giving & receiving feedback with empathy
- Zeal for collaborationwriting is a team sport!
Include a sample of relevant work, if you have one. It should illustrate your experience creating helpful content, for example for a help center, FAQ, user interface, email, or style guide.
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, & culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, & APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We've won multiple awards & received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental & bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, & Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work & FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 & 2019, & we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 & the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, & inclusion efforts here.