Our VFX team in Paris is seeking a highly motivated Intern. You will report to our VFX Team Lead.
In 2020 Unity is setting a high priority on delivering high quality, artist-friendly tools to our core engine. One of the keys tools in development is the Visual Effect Graph which allows users to create complex visual effects made of millions of particles with advanced behavior using a node-based interface.
The tool is aimed at VFX & technical artists & targets both film & game industries. From the graph, we are generating shaders to create highly optimized & fully customizable effects. Alongside the VFX Graph, we are also developing a suite of tools to generate data to be fed into the graph. Our goal is to ease with the production pipeline of effects & unleash creativity for artists by giving them an easy to use yet powerful & flexible set of tools to work with.
The duration of this internship time is 4 - 6 months depending on your studies.
- Develop new features for the VFX graph or VFX Tool Box
- Implementing a debugging/profiling framework to help users optimize their effects
- Not only creating features but the surrounding development required such as documentation, shader writing & C# user interface
- You are currently studying a Bachelors or Masters degree
- Strong knowledge of C# and/or C++
- Good level of Mathematics
- You have personal projects related to real time graphics
- You have particular interest & experience in one or several of the following areas: particle systems, mesh processing, computer vision, fluid simulation, code generation, procedural generation
- Previous experience with Unity is appreciated
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the worlds leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful & accessible tools to create, operate, & monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level & industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, & monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The companys 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, & Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases & platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide & have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visitwww.unity.com