ABOUT THE TEAM:
The Product Design Team at BARK collaborates with cross-functional teams to help design the digital systems & experiences that communicate with our customers & connect our internal teams (marketing, fulfillment, customer service, payments, & more). We work within highly collaborative squads alongside our product, engineering, data, & QA partners using qualitative & quantitative insights to design effective solutions for our end users. Collectively, we see technology as a means to an end; a way to solve problems for our customers, drive successful outcomes for the business, & make dogs happy! We take the work, but not ourselves too seriously.
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
Were sniffing for a Senior Product Designer to join our team. As a core member of our multidisciplinary, in-house team, you will use our expertise to help evolve the user experience & product vision for our existing & future product lines.
For you, a typical day might include:
- Leading ideation to quickly generate & evolve ideas
- Defining the user experience & key interactions of products
- Evolving concepts from sketches, to high-fidelity
- Testing the effectiveness of concepts with users
- Leading design critiques with cross-functional peers
- Elevating our product experience through visual & motion design
- Monitoring customer sentiment to assess effectiveness of designs
- Collaborate, sketch, whiteboard, wireframe, develop pixel-perfect deliverables, & iterate to improve our digital experiences.
- Bring a user-centered mindset to solve user problems through design.
- Produce product design deliverables that foster collaboration, critical thinking & debate amongst cross-functional peers.
- Help lead the evolution of our design system/s across different product verticals.
- Conceptualize & design solutions that meet/exceed strategic objectives from various departments (marketing, platform, growth, margin, retail, etc...).
- Validate hypotheses, & de-risk decision-making through user interviews, moderated and/or unmoderated user testing (interviews, surveys, etc).
- Contribute to our design culture through thought leadership & collaboration.
- 5+ years of product design experience with a focus on digital products
- Proven experience designing user experiences for responsive web & native (iOS, Android) apps
- Ability to produce elegant UI designs using industry best practices of typography, color, graphics, & layout.
- Are steadfast in defense of user experience, but flexible in managing & balancing technical & business requirements
- Highly collaborative, comfortable working informally with designers, product managers, & engineers
- You understand how to ask the right questions to get data that uncovers critical insights
- Have experience (and are comfortable with) rapid, lean ideation
- Superior verbal & written communication skills are a must (articulating design decisions, evangelizing design thinking, soft-skill team collaboration skills for cross functional teams, etc...).
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment, handling a variety of assignments & technologies.
- Expert proficiency in commonly used design & prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, etc...
- Must love dogs!
- Experience designing for e-commerce, or a comparable field where nuanced customer intent & behavior are deeply considered in the design decision-making process.
- Experience with A/B testing & data analysis.
- Understanding of best design practices for WCAG compliance for Accessibility.
- Confidence to bring new tools & fresh ways of thinking to the table.
- Hands-on experience leading planning & executing rounds of research (screener & survey development, problem space interviews, usability tests, etc...).
- Understanding of best, leanest ways to test & de-risk product assumptions before shipping, avoiding as much research bias as possible.
Send us a resume, a link to your portfolio, & an example of when you have designed & delivered an impactful design solution that aligned interaction design with user needs & product strategy.