Common is the nations leading residential brand offering convenience & community through coliving & traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 40+ buildings, 7 cities, & over 1,500 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, & Washington, D.C. & receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology & real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the worlds rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves & has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology & service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, & learn about what its like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, & Twitter. To see more open roles & hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is seeking an Implementation Specialist reporting to our Senior Implementation Specialist. As a member of the Implementation team at Common, youll support the onboarding process for new properties. This person will be responsible for managing all aspects of home onboarding including substantial completion, handover requirements & stabilized property due diligence.
- Ensure that all tasks related to onboarding of properties are completed timely to ensure the successful opening of our homes
- Complete due diligence for stabilized property takeovers
- Track & manage the substantial completion process for new homes
- Display strong project management skills to keep all home openings on schedule & escalate all at-risk tasks
- Evaluate home-opening progress & communicate consistently with internal stakeholders
- Suggest process improvements to the current onboarding process
- Audit lease files & vendor contracts
- Read & understand property management agreements
- Communicate with real estate partners regarding home-opening progress
- & other ad hoc projects from time to time
- 1+ years of experience in implementation, project management and/or property management preferred
- Demonstrated success & experience working with a growing team
- Strong communication skills, both verbal & written
- Impeccable organization, attention to detail, & ability to handle high volume & manage your own time
- Self-starter thats comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment & able to make smart decisions quickly using both data & strong emotional intelligence
- Experience working cross-functionally with a demonstrated ability to both give & receive constructive feedback
- Emotional Intelligence
- Scrappy & resourceful problem solver
- A team player with a can-do attitude
- BA/BS Degreeor relevant experience
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation & sick time, medical, dental & vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, paid parental leave & a 401K. Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, weekly team lunches + happy hours, a fully stocked kitchen, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates & qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.