Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Role:
The Program Manager, Transportation Coordination is responsible for executing & scaling Rent the Runways transportation network strategy. In this role, you will be responsible for engaging multiple business partners both internal & external to ensure best in class customer experience across multiple carriers & distribution centers.
What You'll Do:
- Execute & monitor daily logistics from warehouse to final delivery. Forecasting capacities & route planning. Daily capacity management.
- Implement outbound, inbound, & internal shipping strategies in partnership with transportation, operations, & supply chain leadership, ensuring all programs meet rigorous standards for customer experience, financial performance & operational efficiency.
- Conduct weekly quality calls with carriers to discuss delivery performance, exceptions, & timeliness of arrival & dispatch, resulting in concrete, measurable action plans.
- Onboard & off board carriers from the network as applicable, negotiate pricing & manage compliance with performance standards, reporting, & other obligations.
- Build working relationships with operational counterparts at each carrier, acting as a primary point of contact with the goal of driving continuous improvement along with maximum flexibility & responsiveness in the event of the unexpected.
- Determine & execute emergency recovery strategies as necessary in response to natural disasters, warehouse outages, or other disruptions.
- Act as primary contact for retail & CX teams to ensure that the transportation strategy is meeting their needs & they are complying with all policies.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes & policies.
- 3+ years of professional experience or relevant internships in a highly analytical, data intensive, and/or strategic role, preferably with significant experience in Supply Chain and/or online retail (ecommerce)
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Analytics, Business Administration, or other applicable field required
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Have a positive, can-do attitude, & excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights, & weekends as business dictates
- Strong analytical, organizational, & written/verbal communication skills
- Forward-thinker with the ability to articulate point of view & improve processes
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose, & solve for challenges
- Must operate with a sense of urgency & have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees returned to the office post COVID they have the option to work remotely 2 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.