At ACV Auctions, you have the opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing automotive technology company. Our team is pioneering new technology & end to end service for the automotive industry. We are committed to making ACV Auctions a leader in the automotive wholesale industry. ACV is positioned to re-engineer the way the automobile industry buys & sells used vehicles. Our employees benefit from a relaxed yet intense entrepreneurial work environment with the chance to be part of a ground floor opportunity having an impact on the companys results from day one & grow as ACV Auctions does.
What we are looking for:
The Senior Accountant is an important position in our accounting department & reports to the Corporate Reporting Manager. This position will provide support to the Corporate Reporting staff accountants & will handle multiple assignments in a rapidly changing, fast paced environment.
What youll be doing:
- Support strategic initiatives in the accounting department (e.g. process improvement)
- Support the execution of the monthly financial closing process & the application of GAAP for critical areas, including but not limited to the allowance for bad debt estimates, fixed assets, equity & stock based compensation, & the ACV Capital business unit.
- Interact with Company leaders in understanding & reporting on financial account fluctuations.
- Contribute to the team in achieving accurate & timely financial reporting.
- Support the enhancement of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Interact with the Companys independent accounting firm in connection with the annual audit of financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist the Corporate Reporting Manager in preparing the Company to meet SEC reporting requirements.
- Assist the Corporate Reporting Manager in documenting business processes.
- Assist in ad hoc Accounting projects as needed.
What you will need:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting required, MBA/Masters Degree preferred
- CMA or CPA preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience required
- Proficient knowledge of U.S. GAAP required
- Experience with U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) financial reporting (e.g., financial statements within Forms 10-K & 10-Q) required
- Experience & proficiency in Microsoft Office products required
- Proficiency in navigating ERP systems (NetSuite or related financial systems)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills & ability to develop solutions to business problems
- Takes initiative to identify issues then research & recommend solutions
- Strong analytical & organizational skills
- Attention to detail & accuracy while maintaining the ability to prioritize & facilitate cross-functional projects in a fast paced environment
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
Hiring is contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment.
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.