Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, & Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman & CEO) & Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, & state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective & accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
About The Sales Development Representative Role:
As a member of the Sales Team, you will be responsible for prospecting & generating qualified leads for our Account Executives. The ideal candidate is results-driven, has strong & natural sales talents, & is committed to creating new business opportunities.
The Sales Development Representative is an entry-level position within sales.
Sales Development Representative Responsibilities:
Must be located in the Milwaukee area
• Support Account Executives by prospecting & scheduling product demos for our web-based solutions.
• Grow business within assigned prospect lists, & expand into ancillary jurisdiction types.
• Quickly develop a thorough knowledge of company products & client verticals, including local, state, federal governments, special districts, non-profits, higher education, & school districts.
• Maintain a volume of 150-200 weekly prospecting calls.
• Convince & command on the phone; quickly establish credibility & rapport.
• Achieve monthly quotas of scheduled demos & qualified opportunities.
• The ideal candidate has 6 months -3 years of experience working on a sales team, ideally within a technology environment.
• Successful sales including phone experience in B2B, SaaS, tech recruitment, finance, budgeting, and/or accounting.
• Passionate about technology, selling technology & what it can do for society, & redefining a market segment.
• Self-motivated, creative, results-driven, solution-oriented, direct, & convincing when it's right for the customer; competitive & driven to succeed.
• Ability to remain focused & flexible during rapid change.
• Crisp written communication & fluency of expression.
• Solid computer skills including Salesforce or comparable CRM.
• BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other related fields.
• Excellent references (recent & relevant).
• Prior experience with cold calling or attending a sales Bootcamp is a huge plus.