What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology & marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
Slice was born in 2010 & has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 10,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their bites to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, & investors, all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza. Did you see we were recently Apples App of the Day?
If youve got a passion for local, authentic pizza & the drive to help share it with the world, wed love to have you on the team!
What you'll do:
- Project Planning which will see you participate in Project & Quarterly plannings.
- Actively participate in iteration planning & estimating.
- Get involved in development & the creation of technical solutions.
- Assist the Engineering Team with code deployments.
- Provide scheduled maintenance & upgrades.
- Assist Engineering & others in troubleshooting problems.
- Documentation - Enhance documentation of infrastructure.
- Mastery of Linux (CentOS/Ubuntu) on the command line.
- 2+ years experience with Terraform (may substitute with 4+ years AWS CloudFormation).
- 3+ years Experience with Docker/Docker-compose.
- Chef (or Puppet) experience, systems configuration tooling.
- Knowledge of Python/Ruby/Perl/Shell Scripting, emphasis on Python.
- 4+ years Experience with AWS.
- Exposure to cloud providers (GCP, Heroku, Rackspace, etc).
- Extensive (2+ years) experience with Gitlab.
- 3+ years Expertise with SCM systems(Github, Gitlab, etc).
- 3+ years Experience with administrating, managing, & maintaining RDBMS clusters.
- 2+ years Experience with APM / Custom Metrics & Monitoring tools such as New Relic and/or DataDog.
- 2+ years Experience managing no-downtime production clusters.
- Exceptional problem-solving & troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment (Interruptions don't bug you).
- Possess excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Experience interfacing & working with end-users & clients.
- A desire to make things better than they were the day before.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical & organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to clearly express opinions on, while respecting the thoughts & opinions of their peers.
- Proven ability to communicate & collaborate effectively with engineers & non-engineering stakeholders alike.
- Networking knowledge (7 layer OSI model - yes, it's old, but the method works - Firewalls, Switches, VPN's, gateways etc. & this will definitely earn you extra credit!)
- Understanding of Agile SDLC.
- Experience with Mesos is a massive plus. Kubernetes experience is also a plus
- Knowledge of TCP/IP socket IO, HTTP vs HTTPS, FTP, SFTP & other protocols.
Knowledge of SSL certificate generation procedure, CSR creation & key, cert & CA installation.
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, & flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product & business, no matter the department. Youre the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of engineers who combine creativity, curious minds & a commitment to excellence with the desire & commitment to grow & build on the engineering skill base & community here in Northern Ireland, therefore we do not hire remote engineers. Missing a few of the criteria but have worked in a pizza shop, or feel you can solve some of our interesting problems? Why not get in touch!
- Industry Leading Salary
- Share Options
- Strong Pension contribution
- Health & Dental Care
- Income & Death insurance
- 750 a year to use for any self learning/education
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity & Paternity Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working
- Generous time off allowance & policies
- Free Friday Pizza & Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance & training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work & projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice is an equal opportunities employerand we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style & perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, & we aim to recruit likeminded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.