Peloton is seeking a Senior Product Analyst (people manager) to support the innovation, iteration, & optimization of our engagement products, focussed on Connected Fitness (Bike & Tread product lines) user experience. The Senior Product Analyst will work with Product Managers to better understand how users are interacting with Peloton products & to inform & evaluate new products, features, & experiences developed by the Product Team.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Develop a holistic & profound understanding of the Connected Fitness products user personas & usage patterns (from software feature usage to workout content preferences) via analysing product interaction data
- Partner with product managers, product analysts, as well as user researchers & business/brand strategists on research & development efforts related to software & hardware improvements
- Collaborate with engineering, field quality, & member support teams on defining actionable metrics addressing the quality of user experience & establishing ongoing reporting thereof
- Build & grow an analytics team pod tasked with ensuring consistent & comprehensive analytics & research coverage across all Connected Fitness product lines, which includes: maintaining sufficient analysis capacity, designing & maintaining regular engagement & quality reporting, as well as close monitoring of the tracking instrumentation quality.
- Work in a lean & agile way, focusing on stakeholder desired outcomes over granular tasks & continuously assessing tradeoffs between precision & actionability
- Have 4+ years of overall experience in an analytics capacity with a focus on problem solving & providing actionable insights, as well as 2+ years - with a product/UX analysis focus
- Have 1+ years of experience managing junior team members & are interested in continuing on in a people leadership capacity.
- Are confident & hands-on when it comes to data wrangling skills: can use SQL for data extraction (including complex joins, CTE, query optimization), manipulate data in Python (e.g. pandas, numpy), & reliably apply fundamental techniques of supervised & unsupervised machine learning (e.g. scikit-learn)
- Are familiar with product analytics & data collection SaaS tools such as Segment, Amplitude, Mixpanel, Pendo, Optimizely, Fullstory etc.
- Know statistical concepts used in exploratory data analysis & have a strong understanding of experiment assessment & statistical inference methods
- Have a deep understanding of Product Management frameworks & how product usage data can play into decision making at various stages of product/feature development, as well as into roadmapping, prioritization, & OKR setting processes
- Have a passion for data storytelling via decks & dashboards & a proven ability to efficiently relay your insights to non-technical audiences & senior leadership
- Work well collaboratively, both in a cross-functional context - with user researchers, designers, engineers - & as a part of joint research projects with Product Analytics teammates
- Manage with a growth mindset: you empower your direct reports vs. prescribing specific tasks, & are good at providing actionable feedback.
- Have demonstrated ability to prioritize & delegate in a way that optimizes for the teams & the companys success while maintaining a healthy work-life harmony for yourself & your team members
AS A BONUS:
- Previous experience working on a product analytics team for a B2C software or software+hardware product
- Experience with software quality & performance SaaS tools (e.g. DataDog, New Relic, Bugsnag etc.)
- Understanding of adjacent quantitative & qualitative research methods & techniques (e.g. usability testing, concept testing, market sizing etc.)
- Strong interest in fitness tech space
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike, Tread, Digital & TV App platforms. Peloton uses technology & design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touch point of the member experience be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to be Pelotons brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.