Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data & technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US & we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Senior Accountant will be a critical member of the accounting team as they will draft CarGurus accounting policies, procedures, & positions on a range of accounting topics, including the implementation & compliance with new accounting standards. This position will have significant interaction with the business & accounting & FP&A teams members & provides an opportunity to demonstrate the skills to interpret & apply accounting principles. Our candidate can clearly translate sophisticated accounting matters to various audiences including those outsides of finance.
What you will do:
- Maintain & update technical accounting positions memos & detail new positions memos.
- Assess the impact of new & proposed accounting pronouncements & standards to ensure compliance with SEC & GAAP reporting requirements.
- Prepare monthly journal entries & reconciliations.
- Assist in drafting portions of Form 10-Q & 10-K disclosures.
- Research SEC filings including reviewing disclosure checklist for Form 10-Q & 10-K.
- Assist with the successful completion of the year-end audit & quarterly review.
- Provide accounting support for special ad-hoc projects as the need arises.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance with approximately 2+ years of experience in public accounting, or a mix of public accounting & public company work experience.
- CPA is required & big 4 public accounting experience is highly preferred.
- Technology/SAAS experience highly preferred.
- Strong project management with proven track record of establishing & consistently meeting timelines.
- Motivated phenomenal teammate with the ability to work in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment.
- Ability to learn & understand financial accounting systems/software: NetSuite software experience is a plus.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women & other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat & see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning & development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks & benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, & more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace, but trust & transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves & their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
We recognize that flexibility plays a critical role in enabling our people to thrive in both their personal & professional lives. We currently welcome Gurus into our Cambridge, MA office on a voluntary basis but do not require employees to physically be in the office. We will adopt a hybrid working model when health experts & government officials in our local communities deem it safe to do so. Specific arrangements within this model will be up to team leaders discretion; we encourage you to discuss your questions & needs during the interview process.
All US CarGurus employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. This helps us to safeguard the health of our employees & their families, our customers & visitors, & the community at large.