All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, & our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who were are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
The Finance & Strategy (F&S) teams mission is to maximize value through informed strategic decision making. We believe in using data to inform decisions, & we work hard to ensure that every dollar invested is optimized to generate the best outcome for the company. This position will play a crucial role in revealing & enabling revenue growth, margin expansion, cash preservation, & strategic opportunities. Our business partners trust us because we consistently deliver quality recommendations supported by accurate & detailed analysis.
We are looking for a high-performing Financial Operations Analyst to join our Finance & Strategy (F&S) team. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced & high-growth organization, & possess a natural ability to build relationships internally in order to improve processes, streamline operations & ensure accurate, timely & actionable reporting & analysis. This opportunity has strong upside & the ability to expand along with the companys growth.
- Partner with F&S, Business Operations, Merchandising, Operations, & Data teams; here are example initiatives:
- Develop, automate, & maintain weekly/monthly/quarterly reports to support F&S, Merchandising, & Operations teams
- Work with F&S & Data teams to standardize data & metrics across the organization
- Identify opportunities for process improvement & implement changes to eliminate redundancies & increase efficiency
- Synthesize, distribute, & communicate operational & financial results to internal stakeholders across the company
- Coordinate & help drive the quarterly forecasting & annual planning processes
- Own the development & maintenance of the FP&A capabilities, systems & processes including RFP processes for new tools & upgrades to existing tools
- Leverage SQL to build dashboards & automate reporting for key stakeholders
- Support & action ad-hoc queries from management & business initiatives & make recommendations to the executive team
- Support corporate development efforts including investor diligence & correspondence, debt & equity capital fundraising, & potential strategic partnership opportunities
- 2-4 years of experience, preferably in a quantitative, analytically focused role in FP&A, analytics, operations, consulting and/or start-ups
- Experience in Ecomm, retail, consumer products and/or tech-enabled services a plus
- BS/BA degree in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, or a related discipline strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel skills & ability to adapt to new information systems
- Experience applying advanced analytical frameworks to drive business results: operations improvement, SKU accretion/dilution analysis, regression modeling, predictive modeling
- Familiarity with SQL, business intelligence tools (e.g. Periscope, Domo, Looker, Tableau etc.) & statistical programming (Python, R, SAS, Stata) a plus
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, including the ability to present information & interact effectively across all levels of the organization
- Sound business judgment; high level of organization with ability to manage multiple projects; track record of taking ownership in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!