BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
We are hiring an IT Specialist. Were looking for a well-rounded, upbeat support technician to set up & deploy hardware & software as well as provide stellar end-user support. The position will work in conjunction with the existing IT team. The candidate must have strong computer (hardware, software, networking) & interpersonal skills. Being organized & able to juggle multiple tasks is a must as the environment of the company is busy & ever-changing.
At its core, IT is a support department which exists to make sure employees can actually do their jobs--we like to think of ourselves as technology therapists. This position will assist the rest of the team in providing support to employees & work on projects to make employees lives easier from a technology standpoint.
The candidate should have experience troubleshooting computer hardware, software, email & network issues. Being able to provide great customer service is equally as important youve got to love the people you help & love what you do. The candidate must be ambitious & must be a go-getter.
- Provide internal helpdesk support for BuzzFeed employees
- Respond to, record, track, & close tickets through help desk/problem management software detail is key
- Assist with evolving internal IT wiki page documentation is king!
- Provision computers (mainly macOS machines) for employees
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software or network issues that end-users are having
- Troubleshoot & support current A/V setup for video conferencing (includes Cisco Codecs & Google Meet)
- Work with the other members of the IT team to provide support & enforce IT policies
- Must be customer-focused, personable, professional & detail-oriented
- Must be an ambitious self-starter who is able to tackle issues independently but also work with the rest of the IT team as a whole
- Proficient in both following & creating documentation for the rest of team
- Strong troubleshooting skills & proven ability to use the tools at hand to research & resolve problems
- Candidate must have previous experience assisting employees in a video production environment
- Able to troubleshoot Mac OS X & software issues
- Able to troubleshoot Windows issues
- Familiarity with JAMF Casper Suite
- Being efficient & organized is a must
- Ability to set up & troubleshoot Google Workspace issues
- Experience setting up & troubleshooting video conferencing systems (Google Meet, Cisco, etc.)
- General knowledge of networking concepts is a must
- At least 2 years experience as an IT Specialist or related position in an office environment
- Familiarity with networking hardware from Meraki, Cisco, Juniper and/or Fortinet
- Familiarity with Jamf Suite
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.