User Platform provides complete life cycle support for the user's journey on Squarespace's all-in-one platform. The team supports authorization, authentication, & will enable us to move from a website-centric view to a user-centric view. We build Java-based, low latency, & high throughput distributed systems at scale. We maintain the services & data that represents every Squarespace user.
Your daily contributions will have an impact on millions of customers & users that visit Squarespace websites every year. We firmly believe that design is not merely "how it looks" but "how it works." With this in mind, our backend engineers work on platform features that create the most seamless, integrated products possible. As a team lead, you will manage a team of 3-5 engineers. This role reports to an Engineering Manager in our New York City headquarters.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID19.
You'll get to...
- Use Java to write server-side code, create high-volume production platforms, & develop prototypes quickly.
- Collaborate with other engineers & designers to provide customer-focused experiences.
- Contribute to team & company standards.
- Mentor & develop your direct reports.
Who we're looking for...
- 5+ years of experience building distributed or complex software systems.
- Experience with Java, Spring Boot, Kafka, or high-scale web applications is a bonus.
- Subscribe to the company values of: Be the customer; Design is not a luxury; Build the ideal; Learn fast, act fast; Protect creativity; Simplify.
- Values communication as much as good code.
- Can teach others resilient & scalable web service development including data storage & access as well as how to write supportable, observable, understandable systems.
- Ready to grow in all areas of your career with support from your manager.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.