We at 1stdibs are looking to hire a Gallery Associate for our soon-to-be-launched Flagship Gallery of the future. This role will be focused on delivering world-class service to our distinguished Trade buyers as well as supporting this small but dynamic team in all aspects of a successful Gallery, particularly selling high-end furniture, accessories, & art.
Are you passionate about creating luxurious, beautiful experiences while selling rare, unique & elevated product? Are you an eloquent communicator & a people person who loves cultivating relationships? Do you have a background in luxury sales & a passion for delivering world-class service? If so, we would love for you to join the 1stdibs family.
This location will showcase more than 50 of 1stdibs most exciting sellers & foster deeper relationships with the Trade, their clients, & our seller community. Being one of our first hires, you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of this integrated, omnichannel experience that connects the Gallery & our website.
As a creative & passionate luxury sales specialist, you will bring 2-4 years of relationship selling experience with high-net-worth clientele & businesses. You should have a history of exceeding both qualitative & quantitative metrics in sales & service. Comfort with change, a can-do attitude, the ability to multi-task, high emotional intelligence, & strong critical thinking will make you flourish in this role.
Given that were a small team, you should be willing to rise to a challenge & jump in & get your hands dirty - no task is too big or too small for you. From receiving a shipment, to closing a Trade sale, you want to learn, iterate & perform in a dynamic, quickly-evolving environment.
What youll do
- Act as a brand ambassador for 1stdibs & our Trade partners & act as a subject-matter expert on our products & the industry
- Meet & exceed sales & service metrics using relationship selling techniques & consistently work towards fostering a shared book of clients, ensuring a high-touch transition & strategic contact post-sale
- Provide outstanding customer service that goes above & beyond the call of duty
- Partner with all internal teams in executing in-stores event, sales, & showings
- Own all pre-sale (inventory, quotes, etc.) & post-sale procedures (such as shipment tracking, returns, etc.)
- Act as our eyes & ears on the Gallery floor & relay customer requests, trends & complaints so we can gather the data required to best serve our customers
- Per the directives of the Manager & Keyholder, assist with any & all operational, logistical, merchandising & housekeeping tasks for optimized performance - including load in/out of stock & picking & packing sold items
- Adhere to all policies & procedures regarding selling, servicing, safety & operations
What youll bring
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years of retail experience in luxury arts, interiors/furniture or design-focused business
- A functional knowledge of the luxury retail sector as well as interest in high-end design
- Understanding of when & how to engage with buyers based on where they are in the sales lifecycle; excellent instincts & proven ability in closing the deal & developing repeat clientele
- A relentless passion for providing the highest level of service & a willingness to go above & beyond in order to ensure a magical customer experience
- A passion for continued learning & feedback & a desire to grow with the company
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational & interpersonal communication skills & the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Ability to routinely move objects weighing more than 25 lbs & to understand safety requirements
- Ability to maneuver effectively around the Gallery floor, stock room & office. Position entails prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, kneeling, squatting, bending & climbing
This role will follow 1stdibs Gallery hours which will be between 9:30 am - 6:30 pm, Monday to Friday. Ability to work select evenings & weekends for events is required.
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion, & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.