BARK is a company building products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make dogs happier.
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
We are looking for a motivated & resourceful Accounts Payable Specialist to join our growing Accounting team!
- Code & process all vendor invoices in a timely manner. Match product invoices to purchase orders & receiving documents, ensuring accuracy & approval
- Manage the AP inbox - respond to email inquiries of vendor activity, invoice status, past due issues, statement review, etc.
- Reconcile expense reports & code the expenses to the proper General Ledger code & department compliant with Travel Policy; ensure all receipts are attached, mileage is correct & approval signatures are valid.
- Ensure all vendor accounts are in good standing
- Reconcile vendor statements, & research/correct discrepancies
- Manage vendor files to ensure proper filing of current & prior year documents.
- Assist AP manager with identifying month-end accruals
- Provide support during annual & other audits, as required
- Works collaboratively with our internal teams (ops, people, marketing)
- Assist with ad hoc projects as requested
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in Accounts Payable
- Knowledgeable in AP automation systems preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles & AP processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (excel, word, etc.)
- Experience working with ERP & NetSuite a big plus
- Ability to maintain consistent attention to detail & accuracy, while balancing time constraints & deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly & learn quickly, while remaining focused on goals, in a fast-changing & high-growth environment
- Strong drive to be proactive, do research, think critically, & problem solve as appropriate when issues arise
- Basic skills in excel (v-look ups, pivot tables)
- Ability to interact & work effectively & professionally with internal teams & external contacts, in person & in writing