Job Description|Additional Information
Pluralsight's legal department is looking for a high-performing Contracts Manager to join our team. In this role, you will assume a wide range of responsibilities, all of which will require critical thinking, innovation, & integrity. The Contracts Manager is responsible for drafting & negotiating various commercial & data privacy agreements with Pluralsight's customers & vendors. We are looking for someone with impeccable attention to detail, high energy, strong project management skills, solid written negotiation skills, & a positive attitude.
Who you're committed to being:
- You have a positive attitude & ability to work in a fast-paced, high-output, team oriented, practical environment
- You demonstrate enthusiasm for solving problems & adding value to the company
- You are courteous, flexible, highly organized, competent, reliable, proactive & use independent judgment
- You are committed to your personal growth & development by actively seeking feedback & responding with action
- You are open & honest in communications with all stakeholders - legal colleagues, management, customers & others
- You can manage highly confidential information with professionalism & unquestionable integrity
What you'll own:
- Analyze & interpret complex provisions in commercial & data privacy agreements to identify alignment with Pluralsight's policies
- Negotiation (both written & verbal) of a variety of sales, professional services, data privacy & supplier agreements
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams during contract review, acting as a key contact for the legal department by providing guidance to internal & external customers on commonly requested edits, non-standard terms, policies, questions, etc.
- Review & revise standard & non-standard agreements to adhere to Pluralsight's standard policies & procedures
- Assist with legal review & response to requests for proposals (RFPs) & requests for information (RFIs) as required for the commercial opportunity
- Manage workflow for contract review process for a variety of contract types, beginning with receipt of requests for contract creation through routing for signatures
- Execute assigned projects as determined by the needs of the legal department
Experience you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience managing contracts (including drafting & negotiation) in a corporate environment
- Bachelor's Degree with strong academic record; Master's Degree or Juris Doctor helpful but not required
- Ability to manage & deliver on a diverse & complex workload while maintaining priorities & proactively anticipating issues; particularly in a fast-paced corporate setting
- Must be a creative problem solver & capable project manager
- Experience in oral negotiations with minimal supervision, project management, risk awareness, & clear understanding of issue escalation
- Strong business acumen with the ability to clearly recognize risk elements in business transactions, providing advice to operations teams in carrying out the terms of the contract, as needed
- Experience with data privacy rules & contracts strongly preferred
- Proficient in Word & Excel
- Experience with a contract management system, e.g., Spring CM, Apttus
- Experience with electronic signature software, e.g., EchoSign, Docusign
- Prior experience working in a SaaS company or other highly regulated industry preferred
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 & trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations & individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft & take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles & become scalable, reliable & secure. We come to work everyday knowing we're helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us & our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, & we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics & trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, & peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds & experiences, & united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.