SOFTWARE ARCHITECT, REGISTRY
AUSTIN, TX or Remote
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is seeking an experienced Software Architect to join The Knot Registry team. This individual's primary role will be to mentor engineers, set & drive architectural guidelines, & evolve TKWWs Registry platform to support the future needs of our business & users. The Software Architect must have a strong understanding of both front & back end development, scalability concerns, testing, & standards & best practices. They should be highly adaptable to new technologies & software development concepts & love to work within a collaborative team environment. The Software Architect will work cross-functionally alongside a talented Build Team of Engineering, Product, & Design to provide best-in-class web+mobile experiences for our users, & will report to the VP of Engineering.
The Knot is the nations leading wedding marketplace, providing couples with a personalized experience that guides them through the entire wedding planning journey. The Registry team develops tools for couples to register for gifts, for their guests to buy them, & the back-end systems to make it all happen stress-free.
- Recommend & evangelize tools, technologies, & processes to build quality software
- Provide guidance to engineering teams on software & system design
- Create & maintain written & visual architectural documentation
- Address technical proficiency gaps on engineering squads through knowledge sharing, training, & coaching to ensure that all engineers are confident in their abilities to delivery solutions that conform to our architectural patterns & practices
- Develop, promote, & execute both short & long term architectural visions through white papers, proofs of concepts, & visual documentation
- Troubleshoot system-level issues as they arise
- Collaborate with engineering leadership to develop best practices & standards
- Organize, communicate, & prioritize large scale maintenance, technical debt, & feature initiatives with squad leads
- Ensure all systems are compliant with security protocols through collaboration with our information security team
SUCCESSFUL SOFTWARE ARCHITECT CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Passion for new technologies
- Experience working on large-scale software projects
- Proficiency in several programming languages & frameworks
- Demonstrated knowledge of web applications, cybersecurity, & open source technologies
- Outstanding collaboration & communication skills with both technical & non-technical partners
- Experience overseeing customized development of processes for multiple projects simultaneously
- Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge, mentoring, & teaching others
- Experience with some or all of the following: AWS, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Postgres, React, Node, PHP
- Understanding of software architectural patterns & their benefits/drawbacks
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, & inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental & vision insurance & a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that youve read the California Privacy Notice.