Ballast Research (a division of National Journal) is a research & consulting firm that helps government affairs professionals build, deepen, & advance their advocacy efforts at the federal & state levels.
We are looking for an outstanding Research Manager to join our team to lead a portfolio of programs in our growing State Research practice. This position will report directly to the Head of Research, will work alongside our Manager of State Research, & will manage 3-5 staff. The position will work closely with our outreach team, client service team, & client partners.
The desired start date for this position is late March or early April 2020.
Research Planning: Responsible for taking all necessary steps to prepare each state market for appropriate research execution with the support of one or more research analysts, including but not limited to: market sizing viable research prospects, primary & secondary research on the advocacy environment of the individual states, developing & coordinating project plans across all state jurisdictions, & working with the client service team to build the most effective study set.
Research Execution: From pre-launch (building contact lists, developing outreach strategies, ensuring surveys are programmed, creating interview scripts) all the way through execution (ongoing survey monitoring, outreach troubleshooting, quality control meetings) to ensure that all data is collected in an efficient & sustainable manner to serve Ballasts clients with the highest quality research.
Team & Project Management: Oversee the project work of 3-5 research analysts who each have primary responsibility over 1-3 states. Ensure their work is completed in a timely, high-quality manner & oversee their individual career development. Serve as their advocate & thought partner to ensure success & continued growth.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in research, consulting, or professional services
- At least 1-3 years of experience managing & developing talent
- Excellent project management & communication skills
- Experience & interest in:
- Outreach: devising & executing strategies to recruit difficult-to-engage audiences
- Qualitative research: Conducting interviews with senior audiences
- Content: Strong analytical skills with qualitative & quantitative data
- Experience with Qualtrics & Salesforce preferred but not required
- Academic background in social sciences a plus
Atlantic Media Values
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two pillar gifts in you, & everyone else. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas to the good & not have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, & giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity a natural disposition in each colleague toward service & selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth critical on the merits but informed by charity & forbearance in measuring motive & personal character.
California law requires that we provide you this notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. Please contact Privacy@AtlanticMedia.com if you have any questions.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.