We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients & suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, Wells Fargo, & Softbank.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base & were excited to continue building a product & service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, youre guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, & resourceful team members.
The Cloud Infrastructure team is rapidly growing, & we are looking for an engineering manager to lead the team. Our applications are currently running on Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), but with our recent migration to Service-oriented architecture (SOA), were starting to push the limits. We are building the Flexport Kubernetes Platform (FKP) to support stateful & stateless workloads & integrate multiple AWS managed services.
What youll do:
- Recruit, build, & lead the team developing the Flexport Kubernetes Engine (FKE).
- Create a strong product & architectural vision with a demonstrated ability to communicate, advocate, & execute on that vision.
- Collaborate across engineering teams to align project priorities & requirements.
- Represent your team with leaders across different parts of our organization.
- Participate in critical technical design & product discussions of various initiatives.
- Invest in the development & coaching required for each team members success.
- Manage, measure, & communicate the team's progress toward goals.
What youll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams that built & operated critical infrastructure.
- Experience with K8S & the AWS ecosystem, including the benefits & challenges.
Where youll work:
Our flagship office is on Market Street in San Francisco, but we also have engineering teams working out of our locations in Bellevue & Chicago. As a truly global company, we dont let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons & move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. Youre empowered to do whats best for everyone & trusted to make the right decisions when & where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs & improve the worlds experience in global trade.
Culture & Values
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one-week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.