ABOUT THE ROLE
At Peloton, we view Platform as a Product. A phenomenal platform unlocks speed of development & learning. It allows us to scale easily, enabling our engineers to maximize attention on new features & capabilities. A key to crafting a phenomenal platform is data-driven insights & understanding where we should focus our attention to create the best outcomes for our members. Platform at Peloton is a force-multiplier that enables Peloton to move faster & scale safely with minimal effort. Core to this mission is creation of the best developer experience in the tech industry for the entire spectrum of Peloton's technology. We work across an incredible range of technology domains: hardware, firmware, web, mobile, backend, data, messaging, content, streaming, & machine learning. We get to apply these to build a platform of products loved by millions of customers all over the world.
We are seeking a Web Platform Engineer. In this role, you will be working within an agile scrum team building the infrastructure & tools that support some of Pelotons next generation of front-end applications. We are looking for a strong full-stack developer to bring this system live. You will get the opportunity to expand your existing knowledge & work on different technologies across the API, web, & mobile, as well as help build out the CI/CD pipeline.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Develop a deep understanding of our user-facing applications, their delivery, observability, & their architectures while being a part of a multi-functional agile team
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, product managers, & designers, focusing on delivering value to our members, while building out our in-house e-commerce platform
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Familiar with building & operating production software in the cloud at scale using Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Azure, or a similar provider
- CI/CD solutions like Github Actions & Jenkins
- Experience with serverless Architecture
- Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with a strong sense of ownership
- Steeped in modern systems design (you know the ins & outs of networking, DNS, CDNs, & distributed systems)
- Excellent troubleshooting & debugging
- Experience developing & monitoring critically important systems
- Experience working with & promoting diverse & inclusive teams
- Have experience configuring & monitoring CDNs. We use Cloudflare, Cloudfront, & Akamai
- Have leveraged infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, Pulumi, CloudFormation/CDK
- Have experience with frontend build pipelines, including tools such as webpack & babel
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.