Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase & the Centre Consortium oversees the standards & protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap & is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As part of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) & Sanctions team, the Manager, Know Your Customer (KYC) will oversee the day-to-day management & operation of Circles KYC team. The team is responsible for all aspects of B2B customer onboarding, including merchant underwriting, enhanced due diligence, & periodic reviews.
What you'll work on:
- Oversee customer KYC, onboarding & periodic review processes for corporate customers, including the documentation of policies, procedures.
- Manage & build out a team of analysts performing KYC activities.
- Meet with customers to conduct enhanced due diligence during merchant underwriting.
- Identify areas of enhancement in the AML & sanctions program.
- Ensure the highest standards of documentation & quality in the execution of onboarding & periodic review processes.
- Work with other compliance & risk teams to ensure the onboarding processes capture all relevant areas of the merchant underwriting process.
- Partner with Circles engineering & product teams to ensure the AML & sanctions program is supported with the most effective tools & technological support.
- Closely follow regulatory, compliance, & enforcement developments in the cryptocurrency industry to ensure our processes keep pace.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- A passion for harnessing the power of digital currency & blockchain technology & services built on top of it.
- B.A./B.S. degree; quantitative or technical degree a plus.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in AML & KYC reviews for corporates, including 3+ years of experience managing teams of analysts.
- Experience in RegTech or FinTech company preferred.
- An innovative & creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems.
- Proven experience working collaboratively & effectively with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders & internal teams.
- Experience & comfort working in an ever changing industry & the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands.
- CAMS, CFCS or CFE certification is a plus.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack & Macbook preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.