Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Sr. Director, Operations Financial Management to join our Business Finance team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
- Drive business plan development & insight into the economics of business to drive profitable growth & operating efficiency focused on long-term value creation.
- Lead & manage a financial management & performance management framework to allow us to better manage the operational functions, technology business at a granular level.
- Develop, monitor & refine a limited number KPIs required to steer the operational, technology & new business & evaluate performance
- Evaluate capital funding levels based on the opportunities presented in the regions & prioritize allocations based on potential risk-adjusted returns of the projects & funding constraints of the company.
- Establish external & internal benchmarks to help advise & challenge key stakeholders to drive improvements in their areas of responsibility
- Lead business FP&A & reporting responsibilities for Oscar operational functions & Tech-Co.
- 10+ years of work experience, & a strong leadership & client-facing background in finance roles in the healthcare or technology industries.
- 5+ years of work experience in financial planning, commercial finance, & accounting at a financial institutions (banking, lending, etc)
- In-depth understanding of the business combined with seasoned judgment & experience
- Executive presence & ability to communicate with, influence, & manage stakeholders, including C-level executives
- Experience working in fast paced start-up or technology industry is also preferred
- Degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA preferred
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.