MakeSpace is the technology solution for physical storage. We are changing the way people think about their belongings & saving them from ever having to visit a storage unit again. In 2015, Fast Company listed us among the top 10 most innovative consumer electronics companies in the world for being the Dropbox of physical stuff. We are taking on the $34B storage industry with a combined product & engineering team of 25 people. We are just getting started.
How you will do it:
- Write, test, document & deploy code that ensures the integrity of our operations & unique user experience.
- Create, review & optimize relational database operations in our applications.
- Design, create & deliver new system solutions by collaborating with other teams.
- Write code that will perform efficiently & accurately in an asynchronous architecture.
- Design & update RESTful APIs & their documentations.
- Work on internal web tools that are essential to our Operations Team.
- Collaborate with our extraordinary design & engineering teams to create the best UX we can offer.
- Our stack includes: a Python/Django/MySQL/RabbitMQ/Redis application running on Amazon AWS maintained with Docker/Ansible.
- Youre motivated by a desire for deep involvement in product definition.
- You continually learn & strive towards being the best software engineer you can be.
- You aspire to use technology to positively transform the physical worldnot get more likes, check-ins, serve more ads or optimize transactions for a big bank.
- You favor the use & contribution to Open Source software.
- With unwavering attention to detail, you appreciate clean, pragmatic, & reusable code.
- You have proven experience building platform applications with Python/Ruby/Java.
- You have a willingness to learn, teach & step outside of your comfort zone.
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.