You will implement & maintain the next generation of Splices customer facing products using your knowledge of domain driven design, Golang, Python, Node, API design, Search, Databases, Containers, & testing. You may find yourself deep in distributed system architecture one day & polishing the detail of an api implementation the next. You have the ability to design system & software architectures that are performant, extensible, & accessible.
As advocates for artists everywhere, were building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, were cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, & growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can & asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation & iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, & transparency in the workplace. Were trailblazers who arent afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, & even ourselves.
We value inclusion & diversity - your uniqueness makes us stronger.
As a software engineer at this level:
- You are comfortable delivering on large, complex tasks with multiple components
- You can investigate & provide detailed guidance for areas of significant ambiguity
- Delivers complex tasks spanning multiple domains & teams that have high impact; identifies areas for improvement & their solutions
- You regularly screen for quality risks across the platform & provide solutions prior to implementation
- You set an example for quality by engaging with other teams & engineers to ensure proper, comprehensive reviews & testing
- You provide mentorship & give frequent feedback on how to improve our processes & enable teammates to learn best practices
- You help manage cross-team commitments, track their progress & relate that to the overall delivery roadmap in order to help prioritize what the team should be working on
- You consider yourself flexible & readily adapt to change
- You enjoy looking for personal growth opportunities & are continuously looking for ways to improve
- You have relevant work experience building & maintaining production software using Golang & Python
- You have built & maintained CI/CD pipelines & have experience with e.g. Docker, Shell, Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild, & Github Actions
- You have contributed to & are familiar with distributed systems best practices using AWS
- You share our vision to advocate for artists & become the most iconic company in music
- Youre self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes
- You have a bias towards action & experimentation
- You care about quality. It drives you
- You are comfortable, or even prefer working across technical stacks
- You get excited about data & using it to make technical decisions
- You communicate clearly & effectively with technical & non-technical audiences
- You are comfortable both deploying & maintaining code
Our Tech Stack
- Golang, Python, TypeScript/NodeJS, GraphQL, Docker, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis
- NX, Jenkins, CodeBuild, Github Actions, Datadog,
- Terraform, AWS, ECS Fargate, Lambda
- Experience with terraform & production infrastructure
- Experience with multiple strongly typed language e.g. Java, C#
- Experience with Data Engineering
- Deep knowledge of ElasticSearch & search/indexing technologies
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity & inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.