All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country.
Currently, all corporate employees are working remotely from home until it is deemed safe to return to our offices by local & state health officials. We have offices located in New York City & San Mateo, & three fulfillment centers in New Jersey, Nevada & Texas.
Were a late stage start-up that places technology & innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform & automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines & our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics & other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C & B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful & seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each & every customer & every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant & fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people & operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time & money, which in turn makes their lives easier. Thats where you come in!
We are looking for an exceptional iOS/Android Engineer to add to our growing team. You would play a crucial role in building the Boxed mobile apps & collaborating with the existing Mobile, Product, Design, & API teams to ensure we offer a world-class customer experience. As part of a small team with significant ownership over the product, you will engineer new features as well as maintain the quality of the app so that our customers have a great experience shopping with us.
We value any Software Engineer who can think critically & learn quickly. We often leverage open-source tools that may be written in any language, & a software engineer should feel comfortable diving into the source code to fix bugs or understand the software when theres a gap in documentation. Were a bunch of engineers who enjoy balancing time to market & robustness, & are comfortable making decisions that shape the way software will be built at Boxed for years to come.
- Be a critical part of not just the technology team but to the company as an excellent problem solver
- Develop high quality UX rich mobile apps for iOS & Android
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team to understand requirements & implement appropriate solutions; including Product Managers, Designers, API Engineers, & QA Analysts
- Optimize applications for performance & overall memory usage
- Consistently ship code that meet your own high standards
- Keep up with the latest development trends in the mobile industry
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 2 years practical experience developing natively in either iOS and/or Android (Both a plus)
- Familiar with latest design patterns & guidelines as outlined by Apple & Google
- Experience with Payment Platforms such as Apple Pay, Android Pay, Braintree or Stripe
- Self-motivated & willing to take initiative
- A willingness to share experience with others
- A passion for code quality & adherence to standards
- Experience working with git
- Excellent communications skills
- Keen eye for details & quality at both the code level & the overall application UX
Dont meet all of our requirements? Not a problem. Were always looking for fast learners who may have a less than standard path or the exact skillset mentioned above. Please apply anyways & show us why youre awesome!
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, weekly company-wide events, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!