As the worlds largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners & curators who share, discover & influence whats new, now & next in music & audio.
SoundCloud is seeking a Director of Measurement to support its Editorial team. Our Editorial team produces original series that serve as an entertaining platform to highlight trends, amplify scenes, & market high-potential artists that are developing on SoundCloud, & releases them in a variety of formats, across a variety of platforms.
In this role, youll be responsible for developing an end-to-end strategy for measuring this programming - from tying together our audiences across channels to understand true viewership & engagement; to linking that engagement back to brand & revenue metrics; to developing a ratings framework to help us prioritize, refine, & launch new programming; to packaging our audiences to help us position them for brand partners.
- Develop a deep understanding of our audience across a variety of touchpoints - from our own platform, to our CRM, to social media, to 3rd party audio & video platforms like YouTube & Twitch, to streaming TV & radio
- Create a cross-platform ratings framework that allows us to identify areas of opportunity within existing programming; & helps us capture new audiences with new programming
- Establish ROI by rigorously measuring the value of our programming - to the artists we support, to our brand, & to our revenue
- Work with our Brand Partnerships team to intelligently package our audiences to help advertisers reach them in new & effective ways
- Serve as a leader & role model for data & measurement within our marketing org, & instill a deep love of & familiarity with data into the teams
- 7+ years of experience measuring digital audiences, preferably in multi-channel, multi-platform media or entertainment
- A track record of creating new quantitative frameworks & structures to solve creative problems
- Comfort writing SQL queries & Python code; & familiarity with BigQuery
- Strong financial acumen & a thorough understanding of both advertising & subscription business models
- Experience working with third-party agencies & vendors