Birchbox was founded in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover & shop for beauty & grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: weve activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty & grooming by making the experience relevant, easy & fun. Our innovation isnt the simple concept of delivering a box of samples its understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty & grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying & buying it.
Birchbox welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, & experiences. We celebrate how different perspectives benefit our employees, our products, & our community. We are focused on cultivating a diverse & inclusive work environment that encourages collaboration, creativity, & innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. See here to find out how Birchbox is making a difference.
Birchbox is looking for a motivated Senior Associate to join our User Support team. We are a lean, mighty team tasked with the operation & management of technical office infrastructure & assisting users with their daily technical issues. We do onsite & remote support for our global team in the United States, Spain & United Kingdom. In short, we build & maintain the technical tools that allow all other teams to do their best work.
*This position will be remote for the remainder of 2020 due to COVID.*
- User account management, software installation, machine imaging, migrations, & desk setup for new employees, contractors, & interns
- Hands on troubleshooting & resolution of user hardware & software issues
- Assist in ensuring compliance with security policies & procedures
- Completion of help desk tickets within prescribed service level agreements (SLAs) for local & international users
- Audio & visual management for video conferencing needs, office events, & our weekly all-hands meeting
- Phone system administration, including set up of hard-phones, soft-phones, audio conferencing, & external facing components
- Drafting & maintaining User Support documentation
- Organization & maintenance of data closets, storage spaces, & conference room equipment
- Purchasing & maintaining an inventory of all user related computers & peripherals
- Assisting with installation of networking devices & servers in the office & at our colocation facility, as needed
- Occasional off hours work to complete system maintenance or assist teams in other time zones
- Design & implement projects that utilize technology to improve efficiency & capacity for the team
- Experience in a customer-facing technical support role
- Familiarity with resolving hardware & software issues in a majority Apple hardware environment
- Understanding of basic network troubleshooting for WiFi, DNS, & DHCP
A successful candidate
- is excited about technology & eager to become an expert in our IT infrastructure
- has empathy for users & wants to ensure they have the best experience with the tools & tech we provide for them
- is self-motivated with the ability to take the lead or play a supporting role
- dislikes workarounds & is driven to find the best solution
- is confident that if you dont know something, you can learn it!
***To support an inclusive & equitable hiring process, we are eliminating resume submissions. To complete your application, answer the questions below.***