Pivotal Software combines platform, tools, & methodology to help the worlds largest companies transform the way they build software & run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies & developers to give software development & IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity & creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
Pivotal is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) with pre-sales exposure in any of the following industries: technology, solutions, technology advertising, marcomms, etc. & at least 1 year of experience. You will be responsible for generating & qualifying leads in Enterprise target accountsfor Pivotal's complete offering of great new products including Cloud Foundry, Big Data solutions, analytics, & more! You have a passion, general experience & knowledge of software solutions specifically in data & cloud technology.
Pivotal Sales has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries create new digital experiences & rediscover the power of software by using Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Labs, & Pivotal Data. Our team is growing exponentially as we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability & building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement.
- Capable of quickly learning new software product(s) & then clearly communicating the value proposition over email, phone & in-person communications campaigns
- Develop & execute territory account plans in coordination with local account executives & sales leadership; to achieve & exceed quota responsibility while tracking all efforts inSalesforce.com(SFDC)
- Support sales efforts by targeting & penetrating Enterprise Target Accounts utilizing outbound prospecting skills. In addition, you would work to qualify & nurture inbound inquiries to build quality sales pipeline.
- Develop positive relationships with key decision makers, influencers & partners within identified territory both internally & externally
Required Skills / Experiences
- 1+ years of successful business development experience with focus on pre-sales activities, lead generation, & consulting or services experience.
- Successful track record of building pipeline & meeting or exceeding quota expectations.
- Ability to establish relationships with C-level clients, business & technical buyers, & key project partners.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Experience working with a team of professionals in sales campaigns that include field Account Executives, Solutions Engineers, Marketing, Services, etc.
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Pre-selling one or more of the following products a plus but not required: Cloud technologies, Analytics, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, Communications software
- Experience working with tools such as DiscoverOrg, YesWare, Intercom, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, & Salesforce.com.
- Great teammate, self motivated & able to take ownership on the assigned task(s)
- Self-starter or worked in a fluid (start-up) environment
- Bachelors degree
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.