AlphaSights provides global investment & business professionals with on-demand access to business expertise across all industries & geographies. Through AlphaSights, decision makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, & corporates connect with a dynamic network of industry experts that provide qualitative & quantitative market insights, industry expertise, & execution support. Leveraging cutting-edge technology & our global team of 1,000+ professionals in nine offices on three continents, we support our clients 24/7 around the globe. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com.
The IT Support role:
AlphaSights is looking for a proactive & driven individual to join the Technical Operations team. We are a digital business in which continuous uptime & smooth IT experience is central to our success. The role of the IT Support Engineer therefore represents a visible & valued opportunity for the right candidate to have an immediate impact in the London office.
From day one, you will be given areas of responsibility & be expected to manage your own time. You must maintain a positive, problem-solving mindset, & approach your work & the company's IT environments with a real sense of ownership. You also need to be proactive, creative, & enjoy interacting with other people. We expect you to always be looking for ways to improve your work while at the same time being committed to helping the wider team succeed.
The Technical Operations team is a fast-growing, motivated group, which allows for a high growth potential & opportunities to distinguish oneself. We are looking for a team member who is seeking a career as an IT generalist, keen to develop a wide range of skills & knowledge.
- Troubleshoot tech issues, in person & remotely, including help desk operations & deskside support
- Configure & deploy Macs (via MDM solution), VoIP phones, hardware, & networking equipment
- Implement, test, & monitor IT infrastructure to ensure optimal performance, including network & telephony systems
- Monitor projects & new technology roll-outs
- Assist in office relocations, expansions, & densifications in home office & remote locations.
- Maintain meeting room hardware for conference calls & video conferencing
- Set up & manage user subscriptions & accounts
- Maintain the company's IT hardware asset register, monitoring & ordering stock
- Support both our proprietary & third party software applications
- Collaborate with global colleagues to ensure that all transferees, visitors, & new joiners integrate seamlessly
- 1+ years full-time work experience required in relevant roles (Apple technician / helpdesk in a corporate environment). Part time experience will be considered.
- Bachelors Degree
- Excellent understanding of Apple hardware & macOS/iOS
Attributes we're looking for:
- Excellent track record of successful service delivery
- Results-oriented, user-focused mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Naturally positive attitude, with the ability to maintain patience & composure under pressure
- Positive, team-oriented mindset, with a natural willingness to always go the extra mile
- Evidenced problem-solving skills, comfortable navigating ambiguity
- Thrives in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer.