Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, weve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees & days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a motivated QA Specialist to work within a product team. This individual will help to ensure we maintain high quality releases that delight our customers. The ideal candidate takes pride in their work, is a quality evangelist, & thrives in a collaborative environment. This is a hybrid manual & automation testing role, & a chance to learn & improve your test automation skills using cutting edge techniques.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the product team to determine the fitness of features for release by performing exploratory & context driven testing
- Become a subject matter expert for your area of the product
- Identify gaps in automated test coverage & fill them with automated tests when necessary
- Evangelize for quality within the team
- 1-2 years in a testing role which includes manual & automation testing
- Ability to see the big picture from the user perspective
- Have been described as detailed, organized, & inquisitive
- Interest in inspecting code to inform testing
- Have a desire for continuous learning. In particular, interested in learning more about test automation
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.