The candidate must have extensive experience in Computer Vision with specialization in at least one of the following areas:
- Sensor Calibration: Design & implement algorithms for online & offline calibration of complex devices composed of several sensors, cameras, IMUs, depth sensors, & imagers. Collaborate with other engineers on the design & deployment of a fully automatic robotics-aided calibration process targeted for factory production.
- Visual-Inertial Pose Tracking: Design & implement advanced algorithms for estimating the 3D pose of a head-mounted device by optimally fusing visual & inertial measurements collected from multiple cameras & IMUs.
- Dense Mapping: Design & implement advanced algorithms for reconstructing dense 3D models of large-scale indoor environments using depth sensors.
- 3D Scene Understanding: Design & implement 3D scene segmentation algorithms based on depth, motion or texture data.
- Eye Tracking: Design & implement advanced algorithms for real-time stereoscopic eye vergence tracking in 3D.
- Hand Gesture Tracking: Design & implement advanced algorithms for real-time detection & tracking of hand gestures in 3D.
- 3D Object Tracking: Design & implement robust algorithms for detecting & tracking the 6 DOF pose of known moving objects from multiple cameras in presence of clutter & occlusions.