- In most customer engagements we are expected to run into the following scenarios:
- Custom coding in various technologies using Okta APIs & SDKs. The SDKs include go lang, js, node, java, & .net.
- Customers have deployed sign-in-widget as part of their application code written in various languages such as java, .net, node, go lang, python etc.
- Customers login page redirects to okta hosted login page, in this scenario understanding of web application concepts using browser developer tools, understanding web request/response model, error codes troubleshooting etc. is a key.
- Experience of working with a SaaS identity platform is required.
- Mobile app development experience iOS/Android is required.
- Understanding of Okta product integrations, concepts is required. Some of the following scenarios should help:
- Understanding of SAML based integrations, Universal directory concepts, profile mastering, OIDC/OAuth concepts, Mobile App authentication concepts.
- Customers will have existing applications built using Okta APIs & SDKs, TC will be responsible for understanding the current integrations, how applications are integrated & help customers migrate the applications to Identity Engine.
- Understanding of directory based integrations such as AD or LDAP.
- CLI based interactions, SAML interactions, and/or OAuth exchanges.
Work Experience & attributes...
- This role requires Okta implementation & rollout experience.
- A "go getter" approach to making things happen is absolutely essential.
- The team is expected to run into scenarios when current integrations will have pitfalls.
- Rolling up the sleeves, & providing concept & code assistance is expected.
- Troubleshooting, identifying gaps/issues, working with various product & engineering individuals is expected.
- Some travel required; typically 25-30% annually.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or a comparable field is preferred.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.