We continue to hire passionate people to join our mission of fixing the UX of the internet. Due to the ongoing public health crisis, our interview & onboarding processes will remain fully remote until further notice. At times like this, we're even more committed to providing you support & flexibility while you interview & onboard for your new job.
Dashlane is currently looking for a hands-on, entrepreneurial-minded Global Controller to join the finance team reporting into the CFO. As our Controller, you will drive the core financial control processes for the business on a global basis including accounting, audit, tax, transfer pricing & financial compliance/administration, as well as supporting the CFO on special projects with senior management (e.g., fundraising & Board/investor reporting). You will develop & leverage a deep understanding of the key drivers of the Dashlanes business model & become a key finance leader of the organization. Youll interface directly with the senior leadership team to develop scalable solutions, working independently with various stakeholders with limited oversight & high visibility throughout the organization. Youll blaze a trail as we scale our core business & expand geographically & in new lines of business, mastering a capacity to balance the needs of a fast-growing company with the disciplined world of GAAP & applicable international standards.
The internet has optimized nearly every part of our lives...except for the internet itself. Consider every form you fill out online: Each week, the average internet user manually enters a mix of their name, address, phone number, payment info, usernames, & passwords hundreds of times on multiple devices, apps, & browsers.
Dashlane is an app that gives you a shortcut for everything you do online. Log in instantly, fly through forms, & breeze through checkouts on every device you own. Dashlane works across every operating system, device, & browser, opening the walled gardens that normally inhibit our digital experience.
Our team in Paris, New York, & Lisbon is united by our passion for improving the digital experience & the belief that with the right tools, we can help everyone realize the promise of the internet. Dashlane has empowered over 15 million users in 180 countries to dash across the internet without compromising on security.
This role will be based out of our New York office, with English as your working language. We offer relocation support if required, & under the current COVID circumstances, we expect the role to begin on a WFH basis.
At Dashlane you will:
- Directly own & manage the companys accounting systems & processes on a global basis, including monthly consolidation & close of our accounts, revenue recognition, payroll, transfer pricing, audits, taxes, statutory reporting & compliance matters
- Collaborate closely with FP&A to ensure alignment on monthly variance analyses, quarterly forecasting & the annual budgeting process, & with the Analytics team to facilitate accounting & compliance tasks
- Manage the companys global treasury reserves to ensure visibility & optimal availability of funds in each entity of the group
- Be the key point of contact for any accounting & compliance issues related to the companys entities on a worldwide basis
- Work with external auditors, banks, lenders & tax advisors, & be responsible for accurate & timely completion of compliance certificates, audits, tax returns & other statutory filings
- Coordinate with internal & external business partners (including marketing & sales teams, promotional partners & outsourcing service providers) to improve processes & ensure appropriate reporting, policies & controls are in place
- Plan & implement automation within our accounting process wherever appropriate (e.g., rev rec)
- Manage junior accounting support staff & scale the team as we grow, remaining hands-on in the beginning
- 7+ years of broad accounting experience in a managerial role (e.g. audit firm & in-house accounting & control).
- CPA, CA or other professional accounting accreditation.
- Top 10 accounting firm experience
- Bachelors degree in business, accounting, finance, economics or mathematics & a strong on-the-job educational history.
- Experience working for an early-stage US company, preferably with a SaaS business model, & are used to a very fast paced working environment.
- In-depth accounting & compliance subject matter expertise, including leading annual audits.
- Experience with management of consolidation processes, accounting & support teams, & compliance requirements for entities in multiple jurisdictions (especially with US & EU subsidiaries).
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with Netsuite or other large ERP systems
- A track record of deploying & integrating new systems as a company scales (e.g. Billing & AP automation)
We're Also Looking For:
- Track record of working in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment & to lead & drive complex operational initiatives.
- Proven ability to dig deeply into data & derive business insights from financial information.
- Attention to detail, & excellent organizational, interpersonal, analytical & communication skills.
- Can communicate complex & structured matters to the team at large in an approachable, simple, clear manner (be it verbally or in writing, including PowerPoint)
- Are highly organized & able to think creatively, working autonomously, while being highly-driven & self-motivated, with an acute attention to detail
- A roll up your sleeves attitude (we are not looking someone who considers themselves only a budget or people manager)
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging at Dashlane:
As a truly international companyfounded in Paris & split between Paris, New York, & LisbonDashlane thrives off diverse perspectives. We value all aspects of diversity: gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, & more. We are committed to hiring a diverse community & fostering a culture where everyone is heard & belongs.
Your interview experience:
To know what to expect once youve sent your application, read about how we interview & hire at Dashlane in this blog article written by our Talent team. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our product & how we work.