Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, & entertainment company & currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, & technologies transforming our lives & economy; & Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news & headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, & the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President & Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, & Denstu Ventures.
About This Role:
Cheddar is looking for an experienced video editor to help turn live branded interviews & segments into social-friendly video. This position will work closely with the brand partnerships team, the paid media team, & the video production teams to provide our advertiser partners unrivaled value.
Cheddar airs across skinny cable bundles like DirecTVNOW, Sling TV, Hulu w/ Live TV, YouTubeTV, PS Vue, Philo, FuboTV, & more. This position will be responsible for editing live branded segments into formats that are highly engaging on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, & more.
- Reformat live branded segments to perform well on social platforms & social ad networks.
- Curate the best parts of segments to create social cutdowns.
- Quickly integrate feedback from brand partnerships team & advertiser partners.
- Work with the brand team to make content optimization recommendations to brand partners.
- Work with the live production team to provide feedback on how to best shoot & produce the live segments & interviews to make them stronger for social platform distribution.
- Ability to find the most engaging parts of segments & interviews, & edit videos to be engaging in social feeds.
- Experience editing videos for social platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn & YouTube.
- Expertise using Adobe Premiere. Experience with Photoshop & After Effects a plus.
- Ability to work quickly, & turn around videos quickly.
- Organized individual with the ability to multitask & have multiple projects in process at once.
Our Benefits & Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed & our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast & achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, & different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation & benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, & vision insurance, disability & life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks & snacks, team events, happy hours, & more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, & we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates & are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences & backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.