Founded in 2014, Maven is a fast-growing digital health company focused on bringing better access to womens healthcare. Serving over 125,000 patients & working with some of the best U.S. companies, Maven provides the most progressive support for working families in fields like fertility, pregnancy, postpartum care, & childrens healthboth to individuals & as a family benefit provided by employers. For too long, womens healthcare has been designed & carried out with little say from women themselves. Were here to end that & to shape a better system of care, directly informed by & tied to womens unique needs. Starting now. Ready to join us?
You would join a tightly-knit group that values user-centered design & is building a product that is the result of the cooperation between our product, design, & development teams. Through iteration, testing, user research, & experimentation, we believe in constantly evolving & improving.
What you bring to the table:
- You have experience with & a real passion for building APIs
- You think about systems & services & write high quality codewe work mostly in python. However, languages can be learned: we care more about your engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- You hold yourself & others to a high bar when working with production systems
- You take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies & systems.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment where expertise & responsibility is shared with teammates across disciplines.
- 4+ years experience building software or web applications
- Familiarity with Linux, SQL, shell scripting, REST APIs
- Experience with data encryption & consumer privacy. Protecting Mavens patient data is the most important thing to our company, & you should think about the privacy & security implications of every line of code you write!
- A deep belief in automation & doing things the right way the first time
- An opinion about what code to test & how to test it
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health & well-being of women & their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission & reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. Thats why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for employees is 100% covered by Maven
- Dental & Vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- Access to the Maven platform service & free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- Citi Bike & ClassPass discounts
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation time off
- Parental & other leave
- Sponsored learning & development programs
- Annual personal hobby stipend
- Weekly team lunches & bagel breakfasts
- Bottomless office snacks & regular happy hours
- Annual company offsite
- Newly designed NYC office in the heart of Tribeca
- Ongoing special days, such as designated bring your child & bring your canine to work days!
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.