Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation & create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community & collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North Americas fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte & Magazine. Weve been rated a leader by the analyst community & named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. At Acquia we are building for the future of the web, & we want you to be a part of it.
We are seeking a Director of Product Marketing to helm the effort to evangelize & position Acquias Marketing Cloud & associated products. This includes Acquia Lift, Acquia Journey, & Acquia Mautic. This role will require both individual contributor efforts, with the opportunity to manage team-members based on growth of the products.
Your efforts will be greatly informed by customer & sales interactions, in order to develop a command of your target audience, key pain points they are experiencing, Acquias unique value proposition & the competitive landscape. You will use this knowledge to create & manage the go-to-market strategy, messaging & positioning, & storytelling for Acquias Marketing Cloud solutions. Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Marketing, this individual will help lead cross-functional teams in the development & execution of product messaging, market positioning, competitive analysis, thought leadership, & sales enablement. This individual will work collaboratively with marketing, product management, product owners, sales leadership & channels, & the partner team to define strategy & drive go-to-market programs that deliver results.
- Lead the effort to identify key customer value for the Marketing Cloud product line - including Acquia Lift, Acquia Journey & Acquia Mautic - to articulate differentiation in a rapidly evolving market.
- Engage readily with the direct & partner sales teams to align with customer requirements & field needs.
- Identify & refine target personas, industries, & accounts, while developing content to support the sales cycle. Develop competitive analysis reports to support overall GTM.
- Work directly with Product Marketing leaders, the product marketing team, & the corporate marketing team to help plan & execute annual & quarterly GTM process & demand generation plans.
- Lead & create sales enablement strategy to train the Acquia sales team on the product vision, messaging, market positioning, product capabilities, competitive & effective solution selling techniques.
- Work closely with the product management team to make sure we continue to deliver high impact products & launches that meet the demands of the market. Translate product capabilities into features, benefits, & value propositions for customers.
- Work directly with corporate marketing leadership to develop a content for media/PR programs to generate interest in Acquias product portfolio. Work with the teams to deliver compelling assets to key stakeholders including sales collateral, white papers, website, email, social, newsletters, blog posts, speaking opportunities, webinars, etc.
- 25% domestic & international travel required.
- Strong preference for candidates previously in a marketing role at a company offering a martech solution, or a role responsible for familiarity with the martech market, personas, requirements & offerings.
- An understanding of enterprise cloud technology & their value. Preferred experience with Drupal, application hosting, & application development technologies
- 5-7 years experience in product marketing for SaaS software or related technologies.
- Successful track record creating product marketing plans, solution collateral, & participation in sales enablement.
- A passion for enterprise software with a track record of developing differentiated messaging & positioning for marketing software products, comprehensive market research, & collateral.
- An outstanding communicator, presenter & proven public speaker to prospects/customers & internal executives at conferences, trade shows, webinars, & company meetings.
- Influence: Define & present innovative ideas to the product marketing team & get buy-in to support your big ideas.
- Results-Oriented: Able to drive to exceed goals, execute consistently, & deliver outstanding results.
- Excellent communicator & storyteller: Youre passionate about evangelizing & sharing product knowledge, engaging with any audience, & discussing core value propositions to both business & technical audiences as needed. You are second to none in writing, presentation & evangelism skills.
- Subject Matter Expert: You are a product, market, & competitive expert - the go to resource for executives & key internal teams including sales, marketing & products for your deep understanding of the product portfolio & advice.
- Data-Driven: You love metrics & numbers, especially SaaS metrics, usage patterns, lead conversions, & pipeline analysis. Dig deep to obtain & analyze data, & use it to inform your planning & confirm your decisions.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.