The Network Science Initiative (NSI) is Washingtons premier public policy stakeholder research service. Our team of analysts partners with corporations, associations, & non-profits to research specific policy proposals, identify top influencers, & assess their connectivity on public policy issues.
We are looking for curious & innovative researchers interested in learning about the most pressing current public policy issues & the people & organizations shaping policy decisions.
Position in Brief:
Network Science Initiative Analysts are responsible for leading all aspects of NSI engagements from project design to research execution to final analysis & presentation to clients. Analysts conduct qualitative research on energy/environment, food/nutrition, finance, & telecom issues, create & present client deliverables, manage project timelines, & help develop & refine the product.
Analysts work directly with senior leaders in National Journal & provide insight to the most influential government affairs professionals in Washington.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to conduct qualitative analysis of current public policy issues & execute against tight deadlines to develop professional & intellectually sound deliverables.
Attributes Particular to this Position:
- A highly analytic, natural problem solver
- The ability to highlight key insights within a complex set of data, synthesize large amounts of information, & then clearly explain these insights to potential clients
- An interest in intellectually rigorous work focused on the business of Washington government affairs offices
- A strong writer able to clearly frame issues for a variety of audiences
- A skilled project manager, able to independently manage competing priorities & adhere to timelines
- An individual with 1-3 years of experience in at least one of the following domains: policy analysis, data science, political science, legislative or executive agency policymaking, or government affairs consulting
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two pillar gifts in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline & rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity a natural disposition towards service & selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.