As a member of our Data Engineering team, youll sit with a cross-functional team of software engineers, data scientists & business analysts, working closely with your team to turn complex sources into understandable data. The data sets, pipelines & tools that you build will be involved in pivotal, company-level decisions for years to come. Not only that, but youll be working on a team where constant learning & team-wide knowledge sharing is a core part of our culture.
- Build & maintain data processing services
- Write, test, & review primarily microbatch or streaming ETL
- Continuous improvement of our system, tests, & data quality indicators
- Influence our technical decisions
- Keep yourself informed & up-to-date with technologies
- Encourage the technical growth of your teammates
- You love working directly with the people whose problems you're solving
- You are deeply skilled at data modeling, storage, security, & retrieval
- You're motivated & driven. You naturally take responsibility for a project & ask for help when needed
- You enjoy working with dynamic programming languages, relational databases, & distributed systems. Our platform is ever evolving, but currently is a combination of Python, Java, Postgres, Kubernetes, Spark, Presto, Kafka, & Mongo
- You gain a deep understanding of the products & tools you work with
- You check your work & stand behind what youve built
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visitwww.squarespace.com/about.