Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa DPS is a product division within Visa that drives payments innovation through unique market leading issuer processing platforms & product solutions. As Director, Visa DPS Strategy, this position will work closely with various teams across Visa to successfully launch, commercialize & scale our business in new products, markets, & channels.
This position will translate market needs into business & technical requirements for digital solutions. The role requires a broad range of skills - familiarity with digital payment technologies & the ability to identify opportunities.
The primary responsibility will be:
- Deployment of a next generation issuer processing platform to structure projects and/or programs across emerging fintech uses cases.
- Responsible for managing multiple initiatives including business case development, funding needs & P&L.
- Define & track project milestones.
- Provide project status reports.
- Oversee scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed time, cost, & quality parameters.
- Represent the team in various project update meetings & be part of client meeting to guide them in the process.
- Responsible for early identification of issues, determining potential resolutions, communicating status, tracking & resolving them in a timely manner.
- Development of go-to-market (GTM) solutions & overall commercialization.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD Professional/Technical/Business
- Experience in chip, contact & contactless technologies
- Knowledge of Digital Payments, including issuer processing technologies
- Credit/Debit/Prepaid cards & financial / payment industry knowledge
- Technical background & hands-on experience
- Product Development or Project Management experience working in agile methodology
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written & presentation necessary
- Project management in high-tech industry or consulting services
- Experience incorporating technology into real business applications
- Experience preparing comprehensive competitive analysis, RFIs & RFPs
- Experience in product development
- Experience in a range of functions including strategy, marketing, operations & finance
- International exposure & experience (Europe, Asia Pacific)
- Knowledge / Experience working with APIs
- Consulting services with international exposure
- Sales, marketing & product development
- Track record of increasing responsibility
- Ability to communicate with both business & technology leaders, with a strong understanding of business data requirements & technology capabilities & an ability to make technical concepts accessible to non-technical audiences.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Incumbent must be able to travel up to 25%
- This position will be performed in an office setting.The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.