Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the Role:
Youll be joining the Accounts Payable/Travel & Expense Team, a growing team that is a critical shared services function in a fast-paced startup environment. We support all aspects related to Accounts Payable (AP) activities, including invoice processing & payments, accounting reconciliation support & reporting, liaising with Business stakeholders, vendor management & AP system (Tipalti). We also support all Travel & Expense (T&E) activities including the system (SAP Concur), policies, processes, reviews & approvals to maintain a compliant T&E program that supports our growing businesss needs.
This role will provide a 360 degree experience working in Accounts Payable, including invoice processing, vendor management, compliance & supporting T&E program & expense report processing. This role report will report to the Manager, Accounts Payable. (We are currently hiring that position, so this will report to the Director, Financial Operations in the interim.)
- Support day-to-day processing operations for Accounts Payable function
- Including invoice processing (review, coding & approval), vendor management/setup, & T&E review & approvals, & reporting
- Support internal Business Partners & Vendors with questions or issues to support efficient & effective processes from vendor setup through payment.
- Support T&E program, acting as expense report reviewer & support for Employee inquiries
- Opportunity to help build upon existing processes & create new ones to drive operational excellence through the AP/T&E function
- Understanding of GL/ERP System & AP intersection (Oracle NetSuite & Tipalti)
- Ad-hoc projects in support of process improvement
- Experience with process documentation, standardization, improvement & adherence
- Familiar with standard AP practices to help drive consistency & continuous process improvement
- Experience with basic accounting principles related to AP & T&E to support compliant processing & review
- Able to operate in a high-volume day-to-day operations environment
- Communicate professionally & effectively with business partners (budget owners & invoice approvers) & Vendors; including ability to educate partners about the processes & requirements of AP/T&E
- Able to create & adhere to processes to support operational excellence in the AP function
- Strong problem solving skills; seeking out issues & their solutions
Important Character Traits
- Process & Detail-oriented - You appreciate the importance of process & the details that go into supporting a high-volume function & ensuring compliance with process & controls. Doing it the right way is very important to you.
- Work swiftly & calmly under pressure. You can steadily navigate high stress situations & deliver results.
- Organized - You stay organized, plan appropriately & are able to balance & prioritize work.
- Curious - You look one-level deeper at issues when appropriate with a focus to solve problems with long-term solutions.
- Motivated - You are intrinsically motivated with an innovative mindset & enjoy addressing challenges head-on.
Requirements (Must Haves) & Desires (Nice to Haves)
- Required experience
- 2+ years of high-volume processing & support experience
- 1+ years of Accounts Payable experience as individual contributor
- Experience with process adherence & documentation
- Experience working directly with Employee populations & Vendors & responding to inquiries
- Desired experience
- Experience working at a high-growth company
- Experience using T&E Systems (SAP Concur) & supporting T&E program
- Experience using AP systems (Tipalti), ERP Systems (NetSuite)
- Experience supporting AP/T&E audits
- Experience supporting Purchase Order system/process
- Associates/Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education & experience
Life at Oscar:
- At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
- We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
- Reasonable Accommodation:
- Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.