Were looking for a temporary Assistant Production Accountant to join the Production Finance team, within Group Nine Media! As a member of the Production Finance Team team, youll be helping with our day to day cost tracking & production accounting across our brands. Youll be based in our New York office & report to the Sr. Director, Production Finance.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Provide accurate, complete & timely ad-hoc analysis & reporting: cost reports, cash flows, & trial balances
- Collaborate with team for day-to-day guidance on workflows & enforce accounting procedures
- Handle banking inquiries, production deposits, bank reconciliations & wire transfers
- Manage accounts payable (incl. POs, invoices, checks, expense reports, p-cards, petty cash)
- Facilitate onboarding/offboarding of cast & crew & process payroll
- Process any necessary intercompany transactions & billbacks
- Support month end accounting close (incl. accruals, journal entries, & reconciliations)
- Maintain ongoing cost tracking for brands & other teams
- Set up new shows in production accounting system (Greenslate)
- Organize, maintain & archive files
- Research & track available tax incentives, residuals, & royalties
- Minimum 2+ years of progressive experience accounting for productions within a studio, network, branded agency, production company (digital, commercial, TV, film)
- Thorough understanding of production accounting practices (payroll, labor laws, guilds & unions, accounts payable, vendor set-up, cost tracking & reporting, cash flow schedules, disbursements, reconciliation, reforecasts, audits, insurance, contractual obligations, tax incentives, royalties, residuals etc.)
- Proficient with Greenslate & other production accounting software & in processing payroll in general
- Proficient in Excel
NICE TO HAVES:
- Strong Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills.
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP
- Understanding of GAAP accounting principles & procedures.
- Other Skills (preferred not required): Movie Magic Budgeting, Airtable, Salesforce, Gmail, Boostr
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance
NowThis is the #1 mobile news brand in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. They have a singular mission: to make news engaging & relevant for young adults by humanizing our complicated world. By providing insightful context from a youth perspective, NowThis has revolutionized how news is consumed today. Launched in 2012, NowThis entertaining, inspiring & informative videos are created for a mobile generation & receive over 2.6 billion monthly views [platform analytics, June 2020]. In December 2016, NowThis joined forces with Thrillist, The Dodo & Seeker to form Group Nine Media -- the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.