About the role
Chime processes hundreds of millions of dollars in transactions every week, including debit card purchases, mobile check deposits, transfers between banks, P2P payments, direct deposits, & more. As the Director of Fraud Risk Policy, you & your team will set fraud policy, drive cross-functional, strategic projects & initiatives, & establish operational excellence within the Risk Operations team. With high growth in the teams people & processes, we need an experienced leader to build out this team & set effective, member-focused policy for fraud strategy at Chime.
This job cannot be performed in the state of Colorado.
In this role, you can expect to
- Hire & manage a team of experienced fraud policy & strategy professionals
- Provide strategic vision & execution of fraud risk policy management
- Support all policy management oversight responsibilities for Fraud Risk Management
- Develop & manage communication channels & information-sharing forums including a central knowledge base, stakeholder updates, & leadership summaries
- Facilitate prioritization & alignment of program updates, process changes, & emerging risk identification
- Provide cross team & cross functional engagement to ensure timely execution on deliverables, & transparency to affected subject matter experts
- Build & iterate on various processes with leaders & teams to drive alignment, build teams & engineering culture, simplify execution, & improve quality & efficiency
To thrive in this role, you have
- BA or BS degree; MBA or other advanced graduate degree a plus
- 6+ years of Fraud/Risk Management experience
- Proven track record of people management, including experience managing nimble, distributed, multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience working at a hands on level with other groups like engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in building operations processes & systems
- Demonstrated conflict management & negotiation skills; including ability to influence & communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management
- Sound experience in troubleshooting & diagnostic methodology involving technical, cross-functional teams, when necessary
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as accomplish work assignments under minimal supervision & sometimes tight deadlines
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees & helping people grow their savings automatically, weve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest & fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, & more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech & were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, & others.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits
- Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- Generous vacation policy & company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., & delicious snack boxes, too!
- A challenging & fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech & help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, & inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, & ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members & helps us all grow as Chimers & individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, & any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer & will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state, & Cook County ordinances. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects & uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.