Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are seeking an engineer to help us build & support applications, automations & tools that reduce toil for Mailchimps Engineering organization. You will also develop patterns & tooling to manage our fleet of infrastructure in both data centers & public cloud. You enjoy automating repetitive tasks using a variety of languages & tools. Youre driven to help engineers work faster & more efficiently with fewer errors.
You are a self-directed, experienced programmer who is adept at implementing features in mature codebases as well as crafting new tools. You enjoy putting your head down & writing code, but also value working with teammates to design & develop healthy applications. You possess a strong point of view & demonstrate good programming habits. You are well-versed in using proven technologies to solve complex problems, yet you know that favoring older technologies doesn't imply letting your skillset stagnate. You're comfortable using git in a continuous integration environment, & you're not afraid to dig into infrastructure management tools like Puppet, Chef, or Terraform. You have a working knowledge of Systems Engineering & administration of Linux operating systems, Kubernetes clusters, or Docker containers. You've broken production environmentsand then buckled down, fixed them & maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
What you'll do:
- Provide software, APIs, & automations that reduce toil & make work easier using Python/Django, Golang, & Bash
- Work with other team members to build features from concept through implementation
- Support production software through an on-call rotation shared amongst the Operations team
- Define & adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, & design best practices
- Empower team members through technical mentoring & sharing expertise through code reviews, office hours, Tech Talks, & other avenues
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have extensive experience with Python, Golang, PHP, Terraform, Kubernetes/GKE, or GCP Cloud Run
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing & leveraging peer reviews for your work & the work of others
- Are passionate about building great tools & automations
- Embrace & demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, & independence
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Clickhereto find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.