TEDx Organizer and Speaker Coach, Kelsey Crouch, teaches how to negotiate your nerves, and get your message heard
Do you get nervous when you speak? Your heart races and your body shakes? Can't remember your words or your own name?
In this class we will focus on nerves and how to handle them so they don't handle you, no matter how scary! Strong communication skills are essential for business -- whether you're presenting at TED, delivering a pitch, or interacting with colleagues or clients.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
* How to understand and embrace your relationship with your Audience
* How to identify the nervousness and fight, flight, freeze response in your body in order to disarm it
* How to implement industry tricks to stay grounded and speak well, even when nervous
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR:
* Individuals ready to manage their fears of public speaking and step into the limelight
* Professionals looking to grow 21st Century skills
* Speakers looking to enhance their speaking toolbox
About the Instructor:
KELSEY CROUCH is part story sleuth, part audience relationship therapist, living the last two decades as a professional actress and special events organizer. She now guides speakers to discover their own authentic voices, craft targeted messages for their audiences, and deliver presentations that win...TED style!
Kelsey is official speaker coach to TEDxGramercy and is currently creating a speaking workshop for the Brooklyn Public Library. Clients include Entrepreneurs, CEOs, Designers, Artists, Lawyers, and Mental Health and Wellness Professionals.
Kelsey studied at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre in London and earned her Bachelors of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre from Syracuse University. She utilizes techniques used by the most renowned performers and a deep understanding of human connection to guide professionals to their communication success.