TEDx Organizer & Speaker Coach, Kelsey Crouch, teaches how to negotiate your nerves, & get your message heard
Do you get nervous when you speak? Your heart races & your body shakes? Can't remember your words or your own name?
In this class we will focus on nerves & how to handle them so they don't handle you, no matter how scary! Strong communication skills are essential for business -- whether you're presenting at TED, delivering a pitch, or interacting with colleagues or clients.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
* How to understand & embrace your relationship with your Audience
* How to identify the nervousness & fight, flight, freeze response in your body in order to disarm it
* How to implement industry tricks to stay grounded & speak well, even when nervous
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR:
* Individuals ready to manage their fears of public speaking & step into the limelight
* Professionals looking to grow 21st Century skills
* Speakers looking to enhance their speaking toolbox
About the Instructor:
KELSEY CROUCH is part story sleuth, part audience relationship therapist, living the last two decades as a professional actress & special events organizer. She now guides speakers to discover their own authentic voices, craft targeted messages for their audiences, & deliver presentations that win...TED style!
Kelsey is official speaker coach to TEDxGramercy & is currently creating a speaking workshop for the Brooklyn Public Library. Clients include Entrepreneurs, CEOs, Designers, Artists, Lawyers, & Mental Health & Wellness Professionals.
Kelsey studied at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre in London & earned her Bachelors of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre from Syracuse University. She utilizes techniques used by the most renowned performers & a deep understanding of human connection to guide professionals to their communication success.